What’s happening this week?
March 4-8, 2019
- Students will be using their knowledge of Place Value to compare and order numbers up to 120.
- Facts & Applications:
- Sums & Differences 16-20
- Students will review sums and differences within sets of 15, as well as, learn to add numbers that produce sums of 16-20.
- Skip Counting by 2s, 5s, & 10s beginning at any number.
- Please have students practice this forward and backward.
- Basic Addition & Subtraction Facts
Things to work on at Home:
- Counting forward and backward up to 100.
- Skip counting by 2s, 5s, & 10s forward and backward.
- Adding and Subtracting
- Recognizing a set of numbers as so many tens and ones (i.e. 53 is made up of 5 groups of 10 and 3 ones)
- Identifiying and counting coins (pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters)
- Telling time to the Hour on both digital and analog clocks.
- This week we will be investigating animals’ various methods of travel.
3/11-15/2019 – Spring Break